Thursday, January 10, 2008

Trouble In Parodies

I have created a sideblog. It's called "Trouble In Parodies."

http://troubleinparodies.blogspot.com/


It will be the new home of all parodies I write, since, man, I write a lot of them. I'll still link to them from here, just in case you don't have an RSS feed and don't want to bookmark two bloglinks for one person.

So, it's been another year since I reworked the dialog bubbles in these Japanese Marvel comics, so it's time for the third annual installment of The All-New, All-Different X-Chibi!

...And, in order to avoid doubleposting on the RSS feeds that do exist, I'll only include the links in posts on 'In The Field...' that stand on their own.

With that in mind:

I had a dream last night about combination locks. As I've been watching a lot of Alias lately, I was apparently contemplating ways to make uncheatable combo locks. My dream idea: Dance-Step Security Systems.

You've seen the dance-step diagrams (probably in classic Disney cartoons), but just in case:

Now, imagine that on the floor in front of a vault --EXCEPT-- without the arrows and labels.

Each footstep would be a separate button that has to be hit in the correct order and with the correct rhythm. The Foxtrot, the Tango, the Bravo, the Charlie... any sort of interesting step. Maybe set it to your favorite song, the one you have memorized, so you know the beat you're moving to. This system could even replace those two-keys-turning-simultaneously locks; just have the mechanism be a layout for a couple to waltz through together.

Some might say, why not just have the key be a section of customized DDR-style hopping on a standardized quartet of buttons? But I say 1) with only four buttons, it's easier for a thief to hack the system and 2) four square arrowed buttons don't look nearly as awesome as this:



And the obvious music choice for my someday vault:
The Safety Dance.

No comments: