Wednesday, March 19, 2008

You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm In Recovery

Found on Marvelous News:


First of all, Operation Hulk sounds like the Mad Lib General Ross fills out every morning at work:
"Hey, Samson. Give me an '-er' noun and your favorite pet."
"Um...'policer' and 'goldfish'?"
"Fine. Tell the men we're deploying at 1100 hours for Operation Hulk Policer Goldfish. Prepare the underwater officers. Agamemnon, I need a past tense verb and the name of someone at the table."
"Yawn... 'broke' and 'Glenn Talbot'."
"Perfect! Send word that, at 1230 hours, we move on Operation Hulk Broke Glenn Talbot. Poor man. Deserves my daughter, but that monster made that impossible. Betty: a gerund and an adverb."
"Daaaaaad...oh, fine. 'Moving' and 'Gratefully'."
"That'll do, I guess. Get the Hulkbusters ready by 1400 hours for Operation Hulk Moving Gratefully...uh...hmm. Oh! Okay, get Century 21 and Atlantic Van Lines on the phone. We need Banner's house cleared out and all his stuff shipped to the Hulkbuster base by Friday. Gets him out of our hair, am I right?"

Meanwhile, look at Hulk's hand in that picture: he got in a fight with Voldemort right before this was taken. Maybe that's the reason that he's farting noxious fumes: Hulk's body absorbs the Killing Curse and digests it, shooting the remnants out as a defense mechanism.

And what about those other indentations. Don't you hate it when you fall asleep on top of your teddy bear, heart and butterflies? I'm surprised he didn't have a keyboard one on his face, but then, why would Hulk fall asleep at a computer?

And while we're on the 'Why' question: Why are Spider- and Iron Man the physicians in attendance? I'd personally go with Doctor Strange and Mister Fantastic...you know, men with MDs, not just technically smart guys who probably think the heart is on the far right side of the ches...oh wait (looks at box art)...okay, maybe they know better than I do.

I do notice though that this game is meant to be played for 15 minutes. 15 whole minutes, huh? That sure is an entertaining game if you can take a good 20 minutes to pull it out, set up all the pieces explain the rules...and then it'll keep your 6-or-more-year-old entertained for half the time it takes to cook a pizza. Or, to be fair, as long as it'd take to watch an episode of almost any show on Adult Swim.

Okay, now we should open the box and look at the board itself.



And definitely click on the picture to see it full size.

Okay, so I'm going to try to guess what those are supposed to be. I assume I'll be hitting on at least a couple of their bad puns, but probably not all of them...
1) Missile Toe
2) Bear Foot
3) Sea An(kle)nemone
4) Never-Changes-Pants Crotch Sweat
5) The Bruce banner (get it? get it?)
6) Pulled Hamstring?
7) Butterflies In Hulk's Love Handles? Moth-Eaten Clothes?
8) Hulk's Heart Isn't In The Right Place
9) Shoulder Boombox? (Is that supposed to be a rib cage?)
10) Lightning Reflexes? Shooting Pain Up Your Left Arm? The Shocker? General Thunder Ross? The Thunder Of Mighty Guns? Waitwaitwait: it must be misplaced from his hands. It's Thunderclap.
11) Green Thumb
12) Form Of A Fist Made Of Ice...

I think my favorite, by far, is that apparent sea anemone. What the hell is that? From when Hulk went wading near the Great Barrier Reef? Or when he landed in the Danbury Aquarium? Ridiculous.

1 comment:

Ted Hobgood said...

I always love it when I'm zipping through the hundreds of articles I have RSSed in Google Reader, and a picture leaps out at me that causes me to say "omigosh, I should send that to Kit!"...and then it turns out to be a post from your blog.

That's happened more than once.