Saturday, December 1, 2007

24/7

I've been lied to.

Trusted friends informed me that they'd canceled the seventh season of 24 due to lack of fan excitement over Season 6. Today, I learned differently from a source apparently more reliable than all of my friends (namely mycokerewards.com). In fact, there will be a Season 7. The proof is in the pudding trailer: (SPOILER WARNING!!! EVEN I HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS!).

So what were my so-called friends talking about when they were brutally crushing my dreams of more contiguous action-adventure-stressfests? They were talking, it seems, about this:

"With only about 8 episodes completed (some reports say 9), the show, which is centered around their heavily serialized, 24 episode format, would be extremely off-balance were they to simply run those finished episodes now and then have fans go through a prolonged wait until the rest of the season was completed and ready to air. As the FOX press release puts it: '24 PREMIERE POSTPONED TO ENSURE DAY 7 PROVIDES NON-STOP ACTION!'"

Oooookay, so it's delayed. Good. I'm fine with a delay; that'll give me time to watch my DVDs of Season 6 (which I'm asking my parents for this CMas). Man, if it's delayed enough, maybe instead of watching Season 6 when I get it, I'll just watch Seasons 1-5 again.

Mmmmm...6 24's...gross.

No comments: